During the COVID-19 pandemic, Microsoft Teams became one of the fastest-growing apps, with 75 million active users daily. Microsoft Teams is part of the Microsoft 365 and Office 365 suite of applications and is cloud-based team collaboration software. It is a business communication app that allows workplaces and remote workers to hold meetings, webinars, communicate, etc.
Microsoft Teams is updated every month with many new features and capabilities. In April 2022, new features in meetings, devices, frontline workers, chats, etc., were introduced.
This article will discuss everything you need to know about the Microsoft Teams update in April 2022. Let’s get started!
Meetings are one of the most commonly used features on Microsoft Teams. In the April 2022 update, Microsoft introduced changes like a sharing system audio from meetings on the web, automated music detection, and other new options.
- ML-based noise suppression considers any non-speech signal picked up by the microphone and suppresses it. If music is playing in the background, a notification will inform the user, who can then decide whether the music is indeed background noise.
- Presenter mode enables a presenter to control their video feed by appearing on the left or right of the content and resizing their video feed accordingly.
- Users can now share system audio from meetings on the web.
- In-meeting notifications will appear on the top of the screen for iOS to reduce distractions.
Only one new feature was added in the device domain, along with many certified devices.
- The Present button is reintroduced in the Microsoft Teams Rooms console home screen, enabling users to share HDMI content while seamlessly using Cortana.
Certified Devices Added
- Yealink Teams HD IP Conference Phone
- Yamaha ADECIA Ceiling Solution
- Logitech Tap Scheduler Panel
- Logitech RoomMate
- EPOS ADAPT 361, 461T, and 661 headsets
- Sennheiser TeamConnect Intelligent Speaker
- Extron DMP64 & DMP 128 PLUS C V AT DSP System
- Huddly L1 and Crestron Flex
In the Microsoft Teams April 2022 update, new calling features include:
- Admin can inform teammates about emergency calling through a customized banner on the users’ screens within the calls app.
- Users can select Outlook contact numbers for calling, provided they have an assigned phone number on Teams.
- Admin can now configure end users’ call forwarding settings through the Teams Admin Center, so unexpected calls can be routed to one or more delegates.
The Microsoft Teams April 2022 update also introduced new features for frontline workers to simplify their work and communication, such as:
- Microsoft Forms have been integrated into the Microsoft Bookings app, making it easier to collect and review customer responses and enhance the virtual appointment experience.
- All team members can create, edit and adjust tags according to their team requirements.
- Frontline workers can benefit from clear and secure communication through the Walkie Talkie app available on Kyocera 5G Rugged Smartphones.
Mentioned above are all the major Microsoft Teams April 2022 updates. New features were also added in the chats and collaboration, Government, and Management domains to enhance and simplify communication.
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog today, if you would like more information on the above subject then please call us on 0203 384 9832 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org . We would be more than happy to help with any queries/questions you may have.